boltzplatz - numerical plasma dynamics GmbH provides engineering & consulting services in the field of numerical modelling and simulation for companies in high-tech industries. With our unique expertise in rarefied gas & plasma dynamics, we extend your research & development department cost-efficiently. Our focuses are vacuum- & plasma-based technologies such as vacuum surface coating, semiconductor manufacturing and in-space propulsion. For this purpose, we offer complete simulation and development projects as well as technical support around the open-source code PICLas.
Our history: from space to high-tech industries
The spin-off boltzplatz is a result of a long-term cooperation between the Institute of Aerodynamics and Gas Dynamics and the Institute of Space Systems at the University of Stuttgart. Our mission is the transfer of novel simulation techniques from academia to industry.
- July 2018: Founding of the TGU boltzplatz at the TTI GmbH
- April 2019 - March 2020: EXIST Business Start-up Grant
- January 2020: Office at the CODE_n innovation hub
- April 2020 - March 2021: Young Innovators-Programme
- March 2021: Foundation of boltzplatz - numerical plasma dynamics GmbH
We are aerospace engineers from the University of Stuttgart and worked together during our PhDs on the development of PICLas. As a result, our combined expertise is in the rarefied gas dynamics, electromagnetic phenomena and numerical simulation techniques.